Thursday, October 4, 2012
The saga of the Mantle
I would like to start of by saying why are only the women being chastised here? The idea that all of these so called "noble" nights is completely faithful is not possible as we have learned from previous readings. Also I found it rather confusing that there wasn't more outrage amongst the men, specifically the king. Seeing as his wife was the very first to be seen as unfaithful yet no one other then Valven says even a word to her about her infidelity. And even then his response seemed almost like a joke "is seems to me that you are somewhat more faithful than she is, and yet you are quite alike, but there is less falsehood in you than in her." said Valven to the Queen. Now this response took me buy surprise, I would have thought at least someone in the court would have been more concerned with the QUEEN being the first person to be seen as unfaithful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment