Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Malory vs.

I feel like there are many differences between the Malory story and what we are reading now. One major difference is the fact that the girls seem to have more knowledge now then they did in Malory's. However the part of this story so far that really has me going like Oh that's different is the rape scene that was a set up. Its weird in general to read a scene like that but yet alone in an old book and a version where a knight is so strongly contemplating to help or not is weird to read. Over all I like this reading better, it is easier to read, it is easier to follow and I like how they don't give us a bunch of names to remember if the person isn't that big of a deal.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on liking the set up of this text more, the scene of the rape however i didn't find that peculiar because many odd occurrences happen within these stories to me that was just one additional one that was weird but just sort of happened. I find it more strange tat the scene was a set up than anything else. This really shows how much more tricky and yes knowledgeable i guess you could say that these women really are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Taylor--I was only slightly surprised by the rape scene, although it did seem somewhat more explicit in De Troyes' writing than it may have in Malory's. Again I agree when you say the the women seem to be more informed but they are still tricky, as Taylor mentions.

    ReplyDelete